[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Upgrading the news URL
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Upgrading the news URL
- From: Edward Cherlin <cherlin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 13:05:37 -0800
- In-reply-to: <199703311525.BAA10732@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <3324AF54.7012@xxxxxxxxxxx> from Dan Fabulich at "Mar 12, 97 09:31:06 am"
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Dan Fabulich wrote:
>> Usenet ALREADY meets most of the requirements laid down in the Xanadu
>I had a similar idea quite some time ago (a few years, I believe) but the
>major difficulty is that a Xanadu system is designed to retain all documents
>indefinitely, and this is currently infeasible with Usenet because of the
>sheer volume of articles.
Someone should talk to DejaNews about this. They have archived most of
Usenet since March, 1995, in searchable form. See
I expect we could come to some sort of arrangement with them once we had a
transclusion syntax before the IETF.
Edward Cherlin cherlin@xxxxxxxxxx Everything should be made
Vice President Ask. Someone knows. as simple as possible,
NewbieNet, Inc. __but no simpler__.
http://www.newbie.net/ Attributed to Albert Einstein