Re: Fine-Grained Transclusion in the Hypertext Markup Language

MegaZone wrote:
> Sounds like you are looking to reproduce OBJECT for text.
> Wouldn't it make more sense to start with the existing OBJECT tag and
> simply provide for a standardized attribute set to use it on TEXT?
> In discussions with the W3C it was already decided that there is no
> technological reason that it can't be used on text/* just as it is on
> image/*

Repeating my reply to a similar suggestion from Ron Daniel, Jr.:
That proposal is really intended for the inclusion of media types that can
be displayed in a rectangular display region.  Our proposal is intended to
permit the inline processing of HTML, including further layout transcluded
from other documents.  I still think it makes more sense to propose a new
tag - although I would be willing to consider <INCLUDE>, which was the tag
originally proposed for what is now <OBJECT>!

Further discussion welcome.

Share and enjoy,
		*** Xanni ***
--