Non-ASCII characters in Green

Hello,

Has anyone looked at supporting this?  I looked at it briefly
yesterday and came across a couple of problems in Pyxi, but after
fixing these I was still getting incorrect data from the backend, so
there must be a deeper issue here.

In order to get Pyxi to handle non-ASCII chars, I had to change
x88.XuConn.write() to pass both regular and Unicode strings to
String_write().  I also had to change the default encoding to utf-8.

After doing this I was able to insert some German text, but when I
reloaded it, regular ASCII characters were substituted.  For example,
a 223 LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S became 67 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER C.
Any ideas?

Regards,

--

Aaron Bingham