Regulations re Potential Xanadu microTransaction Currencies

This is an excerpt of an email I received regarding the e-gold
exchange system.  It is interesting that all of the relevant
U.S. regulatory agencies have declined to regular -private
currency-.  Surprisingly so.  I mean, not even sales tax on
reading a xanadu document? ;-)

-Jeff