Re: xvdt xview dirvish tool

>From michael Fri Jun 29 22:34:35 1990

	> Todays version uses control keys to navigate, ^a is left ^s is right
	> ^z down ^w up  ^q top  ^x bottom, and some others I don't remember.

	Ah, the little arrow-diamond on the left side of the keyboard.

	vi uses h left, j down, k up, and l right.  Adding control-whatever as
	motion synonyms might make it more natural for vi users, though it would
	probably interfere with destructive backspace.  (I assume the letters
	themselves are unavailable because they go to the command line.)
No ^h maps to help or delete, ^l normaly maps to redisplay, as in emacs or vi
not worth the brain clutter.
	Probably better to leave it alone, though.

Yes, however I have added the arrow cursor keys to xvdt, as well as all the
other cursor functions that are normaly mapped in openlook.  I have installed the newer
version.

This was one of thers cases where the effort involved was more than expected
because of some subtile documentation.  It seems all keys have a key_code & a key_action,
the action being a higherlevel meaning like cursor_up rather than "key_R8".  The event loop
should check the action first then fall through to the key if the action isn't recognized.
This took a few iterations to recognize, but I now have an event parsing function that
looks at all the event types in the include file (that's what vi is good for).	This alone
probably saved me the 2 days I have spent on dirvish, because that routine will almost
just slip into the fe.

If anyone not on xtech wishes to hear more about xvdt, let me know.  Otherwise
I will restrict followups to xtech.