[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
history & conflicts idea
- To: <roger@golem>
- Subject: history & conflicts idea
- From: Ravi Pandya <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 90 13:44:18 PDT
- Cc: <eric@golem>, <tribble@golem>, <xtech@golem>
- In-reply-to: <roger@golem'smessageofSat>,38 PDT <9004080003.AA06999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 90 17:03:38 PDT
I find it annoying that I can't tell who modified a method last. This
makes it difficult to tell if its my version or what. Is there some
good way to put in a per method auto generated comment and history
version 126.96.36.199 on july 14, 1999 by roger Gregory
replaces version 12.3.31 of aug 27 1999 by mumble
note date non conflict!
there is a big problem with generating the version numbers but
it would be useful even without the version numbers.
Is there a simple way to do this?
I had been planning to add author fields to the change manager, for a
number of reasons, and so it would take only a couple of calls to
figure out the information you want. Hacking the parser and the
browser would be a bit harder; maybe I can let Dean do that part :`)