Re: crutch installation

You might as well run crutch on everything.

We definitely don't want to have it impinge on the filenames
at all.  Don't worry about speed or another pass at least till
we get some real statistics, and do a few passes of optimization.

You have no idea how many passes our current cycle takes anyway,
for instance the gnu ld reads each object file 3 times.  Who knows
how much the unix ld uses (the 3 passes cost little because of
cashes).  With some cleverness we can have crutch pipe to CC
so not hit a file at all (see - pipe in cc for an example).