scenario:

Using a link waldo, I create a new link (ok, I ask cat_Link->make(...) to
give me a waldo on a new link).
 2) using devious techniques (like hands&orgls level), I insert this link
into document A, including it in the linkSpace, and the top handRecord as
appropriate to create a properly formed link-embedded-in-a-document.
 3) using even more devious techniques (like hands&orgls level), I insert
the >same< link into document B.

Q.  What happens?, What does this mess up?

(aside)
  The current Doc interface does not allow this, because it >copies< the link
it is inserting, although I'm not sure there's a significant difference.
--Hugh