Re: COPY / PROXY and the Translator

> From: heh (Hugh Hoover)
>
>   Actually a class can have any mix, some COPY, some PROXY, and some neither
> (cache variables are good examples of what falls into the latter).  If a class
> does not have any COPY or PROXY variables, it can only communicate with
> message sends - no state goes across the wire.

Oops.  That means that the default is separate local and remote
versions of the variable.  I smell subtle bugs coming...

I think such variables should have an explicit keyword (such as LOCAL),
and the default should be "PROXY" (COPY?) during coding and "no defaults
allowed" by release.  I'm prepared to discuss this with those who think
otherwise.

	michael