translator enhancement

Having been plagued by the problem of not being able to specify a char
(not char *) in the smalltalk, I finally decided to fix it.  Now, a char
is assumed to be a Var (like long and int) and if you want a char*, specify
{char star}.  This also works if you do something like {char unsigned star}.
I'm using "star" because I didn't want to figure out how to use "*".  If
that's easy (I didn't even try) let me know.  It'd make it more obvious.
--Hugh