Recorder Viewing

Markm, dean, I have been assuming for a long time that one could
see all the recorders attached to a document (assuming the permissions
were set right). Dean tells me that this was a poor assumption, not be
because it's impossible, but because it hasn't been thought through
yet. Dean requested I post it, to remind him and alert markm.

There are two reasons why this excites me: 1) just to be able to
see the recorders you have put on a document, so that you can
delete them when you get tired of them (please see the picture
of the Basic Document with Link Pane, wherein I have a sensor
in the pane).

2) I really see the visibility of recorders as being a great support
for spontaneously conferences: the authors of the recorders on the
conference document are the participants, so you can quickly see if
there is anyone missing who should be there, for example (of course,
if you didn't want anyone to know you were listening to the conference,
you make your recorder private).

We can build a system good enough to be wonderful without this support
for evolving conferences, and we can probably figure out another
mechanism for solving the problem with seeing where you planted
your
recorders, but this seems like a natural way of doing it.

Will it be a problem?

--marcs