bombs and the Mac

Well, I just confirmed that I do indeed have a problem with bombs -- the
old setjmp/longjmp trick with important values in register variables.  When
a blast occurs - the register values are incorrect and >BLAMMO< - (some
interesting effect).
  Well, thinking quickly, I remembered the old MPW C trick of declaring
the suspect variables 'volatile' so that they aren't stored in registers.
This produced a happy message from the compiler:

warning:: 'volatile' not implemented (ignored)

  I've run out of ideas.  Have you got any?

--Hugh