Berts for Users, Denoument

of Saves and Berts:

In terms of when to discard an Undo chain, I believe Autocad's
Undo is indeed better than my earlier proposal. The Xanadu approximation
of closing a file is closing the window on the document. So rather
than pitching Undo chains when the user Saves, we should pitch
Undos when the user closes. I don't think we should pitch the
whole chain, however--just pitch the chain prior to the most
recent Save (and if the user's last action was a Save, pitch
before the prior Save).

We all agree that a graphical representation is best. Graphical
is in Release 1.1.

I think we can document Trace Forward/Trace Backward and Undo
easily. If it turns out during Beta testing that I'm wrong, we
can implement the "right" solution immediately. But considering
how much longer software usually takes than we predict, saving
ourselves an apparent couple-day hack could easily save us a
month in shipment date.

--marcs