[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
various smalltalk ->c++ questions
- To: <tribble>
- Subject: various smalltalk ->c++ questions
- From: Roger Gregory <roger>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 89 05:13:18 PDT
- Cc: <us>
1) how do I have 2 constructors with 2 arguments differentated by argument type?
2) how do I have c++ create something with a c++ type and smalltalk use an internal type?
ferinstance x <- Character create.
and I want in c++ x = NEW(XCharacter());
so that the c++ stuff uses the XCharacter defined functions, but smalltalk uses its
internal stuff, with all the smalltalk stuff underneath it. This is mostly so that
I can write even more c++ in smalltalk, but not necessarily test it there (low level stuff).
3) how much of the c++ stuff do we have in smalltalk? I can't find BitArrays ferinstance.
I find that the worst problem with developing in smalltalk is that the c++ compiler does such a
terrible job of telling where a problem in an include file is! If I manage to get a bad type
in a .hxx file, the compiler gives me ~12 syntax errors with file names or line numbers.