Re: The meaning of authorship

2-author collaborations get done in such wild ways I never would have
imagined it before doing one (for Valentina, Joe and I collaborated in
entirely different ways on each of the 3 sections).

In most collarborations, both authors do review all of each other's
work, but not always. For my book Programming Languages, I got a friend
to help because I did not have the time to do it all myself. There were
11 chapters, all with the same "design", one for each language. I wrote
the Pascal chapter first as the "template", and Bob followed my lead--
I reviewed all his work, but I don't think he reviewed all of mine (though
he saw most of it--point being, his review was not a requirement in the
arrangement, regardless of what we did in practice).

--marcs